The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced Monday the appointment of 25 new members to serve on seven agricultural trade advisory committees.
The Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee is comprised of high-level representatives from across the U.S. agricultural community who advise the USDA and USTR on trade policy matters, including the operation of existing trade agreements and the negotiation of new agreements.
USDA and trade
Total U.S. agricultural exports in 2019 were nearly $ 137 billion, 2.1% less than in 2018.
The main factors affecting US exports were the ongoing trade dispute with China and a dramatic drop in corn exports.
USDA provides leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, and related issues.
Members of the six Agricultural Technical Advisory Committees (ATACs) provide technical advice and guidance from the perspective of their specific product sectors.
The newly appointed advisers will serve through 2024. Each committee will be supplemented with additional appointments over the next four years. Applications are encouraged at any time. A complete list of committee members and application information is available at www.fas.usda.gov/topics/trade-advisory-committees.
Below is a list of the new USDA and USTR appointed advisers, by committee:
Agricultural Policy Advisory Committee
- Constance Cullman, American Food Industry Association.
- David Puglia, Western Producers.
- David Salmonsen, Federation of American Agricultural Bureau.
ATAC for trade in animals and animal products
- Robert DeHaan, National Fisheries Institute.
- Mallory Gaines, American Food Industry Association.
- David Herring, Hog Slat Inc./TDM Farms.
- James Parnell, Alabama Farmers Federation.
- Maria Zieba, National Council of Pork Producers.
ATAC for the fruit and vegetable trade
- William Callis, Apple Export Council of the USA.
- Casey Creamer, Citrus Mutual of California.
- Jodi Devaurs, California Table Grape Commission.
- Jonathan Maberry, Washington Red Raspberry Commission.
- Caroline Stringer, California Fresh Fruit Association.
ATAC for trade in cereals, feed, oilseeds and seed seeds
- Peter Bachmann, U.S. Rice Federation.
- William Gordon, American Soybean Association.
- Derek Haigwood, D.I.D. Farms.
- Patrick Hayden, North American Cereal Export Association.
- Dalton Henry, U.S. Wheat Associates.
- Edward Hubbard, Renewable Fuels Association.
- Tina Lyons, Double River Forwarding, LLC.
ATAC for trade in processed foods
- Kevin Latner, National Industrial Hemp Council.
- Richard (Denton) McLane, McLane Global Trading.
- Max Moncaster, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture.
- Bernadette Wiltz, Southern American Trade Association.
ATAC for the trade of sweeteners and sweetening products
- (There are no new members).
ATAC for the tobacco, cotton and peanut trade
- Karl Zimmer, Premium Peanut.